4 May 2020
Safe hygiene practices are going to be critical for a long time to come in the workplace and will be vital in managing transmission of the COVID-19 virus among your people. Our accredited and trained team will be offering 24 hours a day service in the next six months – to ensure that UK businesses can operate with minimum disruption and provide a safe environment for staff and customers.
We are aware of the volume of information making the rounds regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Highlighted below are some of the things we are doing at PDC Cleaning Services Limited to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Our policy is consistent with guidance received from the NHS, World Health Organisation and The Government Local Health officials.
The health and safety of our staff and customers is our top priority.
Here is a partial list of the things we do every day as a regular part of our business to help protect you and your family:
- We use high quality, hospital grade, 100% microfiber cloths in the cleaning of all surfaces. Product claims report the removal of up to 98% of bacteria and 93% of viruses with only water.
- Despite ‘water only’ manufacturer claims, we intentionally use in conjunction with our microfiber cloths an appropriate disinfectant that directly meets current BICSc guidelines and addresses the rapid spread of SARS-CoV-2, otherwise known as the 2019 novel coronavirus, and the illness it causes called COVID-19.
- Our mop heads are single-use only, never used in multiple homes or offices, and washed daily.
- Our product supply vendor, a partnership that was already in place before the initial outbreak, has been working tirelessly and leveraging every available resource to help our clean teams reduce risk and minimise the transmission of disease. Tools in our arsenal include disinfectants approved by the BICSc for disinfection against COVID-19.
- Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain active for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illness in households and community settings.
- While we have always sanitised high touch areas, we are paying extra attention to doorknobs, light switches, drawer pulls, and cabinet knobs to help prevent the spread of germs. Here are some other things we are doing during this pandemic:
- We are continually training our cleaners to be alert in cleaning all the high touch areas. We continue to educate them on how to be smart, prepared, and not panicked.
- We are reminding employees of the importance of personal hygiene (washing of hands throughout the day) while implementing a mandatory handwash protocol: All team members must wash their hands upon entry and exit of every home. Either at the sink with soap and water for an appropriate length of time or using company supplied hand sanitiser. We will wear nitrile gloves for our cleaning tasks and NOT use customer-owned hand towels after washing our hands. We are discouraging all handshaking with clients; therefore, we ask for your grace in any occurrence that may come across as rude. We wish only to be responsible while in your home or office.
- If you want our cleaners to use your vacuum cleaner in your home or office, feel free to let us know.
- We are continually monitoring the government directive and the World Health Organization (WHO) for the latest updates and recommendations.
- Any employee showing symptoms of the flu or COVID-19 will not be permitted to work and will be quarantined for 14 days before returning to work.
These are just some of the steps we are taking to protect you, your family, and our staff daily during this pandemic.
We are grateful for the vital role we play in keeping your property clean and healthy. Now, more than ever is the best time to hire a professional cleaning company to help protect you and your family. Thank you for your trust in PDC Cleaning Services Limited.
If you would like to add additional cleanings, just let us know, and we will be happy to accommodate your request subject to availability. If you have any questions, please let us know. We are all in this together.
Thanks again for your custom.
PDC Cleaning Services Limited